[Dirvish] Dirvish related boot slowdowns (was: My recent Dirvishlist post attempt)

Eric Hall ehall at whalls.com
Wed Feb 22 00:56:17 EST 2006

Keith Lofstrom said:

>I can guess what is happening.  You may be seeing an
>fsck -  file system check - of a disk partition used
>for storing a dirvish bank. If you are debugging, you
>probably have some unclean shutdowns which trigger
>fsck's for all mounted partitions on reboot.
<snip>

Yeah, it all started after the last wind.  I've been down for awhile.  I
fixed this by renaming the /etc/blkid.tab file and then copying back.
Interesting that the reference to the dirvish_vault in the file
dissappeared.  Anyway, the system started fine after that so I am good.
Thanks for your detailed response and indeed, I will see at Linuxfest.

Eric