[Dirvish] find looping?

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Thu Feb 9 05:24:31 EST 2006

On Thu 09 Feb 2006, Dave Howorth wrote:

> It happened again today so I did an strace -p but there was no output
> over five minutes during which top showed the process hogging one of the
> CPUs (100% ni).

That means that it's not doing any system calls at all, it's
looping somewhere in user space, i.e. in the find executable itself.

ltrace would show if it's doing any shared library calls at that time...
lsof would show what directory it's in i.e. processing.

So here's hoping it happens again soon :-)

You do have the most recent version of findutils?

Paul Slootman