[Dirvish] Dirvish bank

Jason Boxman jasonb at edseek.com
Tue Mar 29 13:42:50 PST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 15:04, Zachary Fortna wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not sure what other specs or info I can provide that would be of
> use, but I'm wondering if this would be an effective medium to use as a
> bank.  Are their any gotcha's anyone can see right off the bat?  For the
> price and having the ability to run the drives in a RAID-5 array without
> the RAID overhead on the local system running dirvish we can't seem to
> find a reason not to get the product and run with it.

I looked at the literature.  Interesting product.  I haven't worked with any
large storage arrays or SANs or NAS setups, so I can't think of any gotchas
off hand.

> Any insight or thoughts would be great.  Thanks in advance.

It sounds like a great target for a bank.  Hopefully someone with more
experience has some more useful information to offer.

Let us know how the deployment goes.  I'd certainly be curious to know.

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator