[Dirvish] expire and runall config file

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Tue Mar 29 04:50:25 PST 2005

I'm in the process of setting up a couple of backup systems that will
eventually backup all 200 systems here. One problem I just ran into is
that this takes up too much time if the systems are backed up
sequentially. I'd like dirvish to be able to run X hosts in parallel.

Of course it would be great if you could say dirvish-runall --parallel=3
but that would entail a lot of code...  A simple solution is to maintain
a second (and third) master.conf file that eachs lists part of the
hosts. For dirvish-runall that should work, as you can give a --config
option to override the default. However, dirvish-expire doesn't accept a
--config option. That doesn't make much sense to me...

I've hacked up dirvish-expire to accept --config, tonight I'll know more
:-)

Paul Slootman