[Dirvish] Error behavior

Chris Finley cfinley at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 11 11:42:39 PST 2005

What is dirvish' intended behavior when it finds an error?

The Windows registry files could not be copied from the client - which
is fine. Since it
was unable to transfer some files, it used an old --link-dest=
and copied all of the files again.

I think dirvish attempted to copy the locked files again, but the SSH
tunnel was gone, so it also received a failed connection on the retries.

Does it always use the last successful image for the --link-dest=
option? What errors will it tollerate and still use the image for the
link-dest?

Can I keep dirvish from creating an image diretory (with tree, log,
summary, etc...) if the computer is unreachable (such as a laptop)?

Many thanks,
Chris

-------------tail end of log-----------------
myuser/UserData/index.dat
rsync: send_files failed to open "myuser/ntuser.dat.LOG" (in
backupdata): Device or resource busy (16)
myuser/ntuser.ini

Number of files: 15993
Number of files transferred: 14028
Total file size: 2988746563 bytes
Total transferred file size: 2983560799 bytes
Literal data: 2983871022 bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 340995
Total bytes sent: 280994
Total bytes received: 2985186012

sent 280994 bytes  received 2985186012 bytes  1415248.64 bytes/sec
total size is 2988746563  speedup is 1.00
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(1146)