[Dirvish] Dirvish Guide

Jason Boxman jasonb at edseek.com
Thu Mar 3 21:04:51 PST 2005

I have been meaning to write a guide[1] on using Dirvish for snapshot backups
since I stumbled through the initial steps of getting it to work in 2003.  I
finally got around to writing something.  I still need to add stuff on
installation, security, rsh, rsyncd, and pre/post scripts.

I look forward to comments and corrections.  I'll be at SANS in Blacksburg, VA
next week, so I may be slow to respond.

Thanks.

[1] http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/dirvish_backup/

(Feel free to skip the job search page -- It only appears when your REFERER is
'' or ! edseek.com.)

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator