[Dirvish] surgical pruning of data..

Nathan Hunsperger dirvish at hunsperger.com
Wed Jun 15 13:39:19 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 01:48:35PM -0500, RTCG wrote:
> Does a method exists to remove en-masse a directory structure (or file)
> across every backup in a vault?

No.  You will have to use rm for this.  If you have the index generated
after the backup, and use dirvish-locate, you will probably want to
hand-tweak the index's for those backup sets.  Otherwise, the output
from dirvish-locate will be wrong.

> I have a situation where my exclude syntax failed, and I did not catch it.
> I now have a certain path backed up in triplicate inside several vaults.
> While vogons might find it handy, I need the room.

I'm sure they would, but only if you first lost the triplicates for
several months.

- Nathan