[Dirvish] Initializing Dirvish Vaults

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Jun 7 22:24:46 PDT 2005

Tomas Abad has modified his dirvish-initall to add an Open Source
License for dirvish license compatability, so I will upgrade the
online version.

There is one issue to resolve.  Tomas finds faults like dirvish-expire
does - looking for vault directories in the banks, and initalizing
everything that looks like a vault.  I had originally assumed that
he was looking at the list of vaults in the Runall section of the
master config file.

So, there is a behavioral choice here.  Should dirvish-initall
(and later, dirvish-runall --init) look for vault directories,
or should it follow the list in the Runall section of the selected
configuration file?

I prefer the latter behavior; I may want to create a vault in one
of my banks, but purposely leave it uninitialized, and the Runall
list (perhaps in a special config file) is one way to do this.

Opinions?  Ideas?