[Dirvish] Stop the expiration [reposted]

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Jun 5 15:25:58 PDT 2005

So here's an interesting situation.  I've just retired a server that was
being backed up with Dirvish.  Right now I've got series of 35 snap shots of
the server, each with a 35 day expiration period.  As the days pass,
however, those will expire until I get down to just one.  (In my experience,
Dirvish will never expire the last image.)  Since they don't take up much
more room that a one-day snap shot, I'd rather just leave them all as is
until I decide I don't need the back-ups any more.  How is the best way to
exempt the entire set of back-ups for a single machine from normal
expiration processing?

-Brian

[note:  this message was originally sent on May 31 at 18:50 PDT
 by Brian Martin]