[Dirvish] ChmodOnExpire patch - bug fix

Eric Mountain em-dirvish-1 at nerim.net
Sat Jan 29 14:58:52 PST 2005

Hello,

[ Ccing Michael Tibbetts as he was the original requestor of the patch. ]

I've posted a fix to the ChmodOnExpire patch
(http://dirvish.org/wiki?ChmodOnExpire):

<quote>
Revision 2 - 2005-01-29 - Fixed bug: backup files were being made u+rwX when a
backup image was expired. This made hardlinked images non-hardlinkable with
future backups leading to increased disk space usage. The fix consists in
only changing permissions on directories: this is sufficient to fulfill the
aim of the patch and does not affect hardlinking since you can't hardlink
directories anyway.
</quote>

I've tested it a little bit on my system... Usual disclaimer applies. ;-)

Cheers,
Eric
--
Eric Mountain