[Dirvish] CPU bound or disk I/O bound?

Jason Boxman jasonb at edseek.com
Sat Jan 8 12:26:04 PST 2005

I'm pulling files off a fileserver with gigabit to a box running Dirvish with
gigabit.  Since upgrading to the faster network cards, I still experience
relatively slow transfer speeds in the same neighborhood as my previous
100Mbps setup.  I checked the network with Iperf and pushed some files around
via FTP and I can obtain around 20MB/s.

Might it speed things up if I tell rsync not to bother transferring
differentials and just kick me the whole file if there's been a change?  I
have network bandwidth to burn.

Thanks.

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator